Aug 7, 2011

Romance was Born


Over my mid semester break i was extremely
lucky to do work placement at romance was born.
Their Studio is positioned above Oxford street, close to some really cool cafes, bars and shops in Sydney.
The studio was filled with hand-made one off costumes, head pieces,
beautiful samples and amazing fabrics, it was a dream come true.
Anna and luke are the most beautiful, down to earth friendly people,
I'm a big fan of there work so being able to work
with them was amazing!

Romance was born is known for their amazing knitted garments,
as my major at uni is knitting, i hoping i would get the chance to knit something for them. I was so excited when i found out they had a knit machine and that they would like me to work on a one off piece for them. It was so great to see how a creative studio works
and to have an amazing experience like i did.
























Developing the knitted jumper

























The finished knitted jumper